Week 2: 6 ways I stay balanced
- the state of having your weight spread equally so that you do not fall
- the ability to move or to remain in a position without losing control or falling
- a state in which different things occur in equal or proper amounts or have an equal or proper amount of importance
If you forgot to join me last week for the #BOSUStrong challenge or just weren’t up for the cardio, make sure you join me this week as it’s all about the balance! We’re standing on one leg, lunging, and BOSU squatting our way through the week. If you’re a mom like me then I am sure you know the importance of balance in your life.
Balance means more than just being able to stand on one leg, it also means being able to do what you love while making healthy choices at the same time. It means putting in the work and still finding time for family. Or eating those well planned meals but balancing it out with the occasional piece of chocolate cake. Or using your BOSU (workout) and workout DVDs (workout) at home when you can’t make it to the gym.
The 6 Ways I Stay Balanced:
Here are the 6 ways I stay balanced – what are yours?
- I make time for myself by squeezing in a lunchtime workout during the work week.
- My favorite me time is going for a long run in the crisp fall air.
- My rule when it comes to a balanced diet is allowing some flexibility.
- I make fitness a priority by __making it part of my family-time___.
- When I get stressed or overwhelmed, my go to is __meditation or a long hot bath___.
- I do __my best to prepare healthy meals and be an example for healthy living__ to help my family stay balanced.
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 2, it’s all about that BALANCE (9/21-9/25):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 9/21: Happy Monday sweaties, this week we’re all about that balance. Let’s see you stand on one leg – ready, set, GO! #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 9/22: We want to see you #dropitlikeasquat…on your BOSU or perhaps one leg? #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: It’s time for #treetuesday! Show us your best tree pose. @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Wednesday, 9/23: Let’s lunge it out sweaties! #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ it this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 9/24: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body balance move! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Give us a #tbt of a time when you really challenged your balance (feel free to get creative!) #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 9/25: #FreeFriday. Show us your favorite way to get your balance on! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Let’s forearm plank it out y’all! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Notes: You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).