With 9 days to go until my first ever marathon I can’t help but think about goals and how awesome it feels to accomplish them. Last year I set a HUGE goal to run a marathon and began training in July of 2013.
Today, I’m just 9 days away from completing that goal. I am nervous. I am excited. I am READY. I’ve spent the past 6 months training for ONE race. The race. Hell, I have butterflies in my stomach as I type this post. I can’t believe the time is almost here. In just nine days (God willing), I will be able to wear my medal proudly and shout “I did it! I ran a freaking marathon!”
This will be my first accomplished Fit Goal of 2014! It’s not my only goal though, I have many more and honestly believe that with hard work and dedication I will accomplish each and every one of them.
2014 Fit Goals
- Run the entire Walt Disney World Marathon on January 12, 2014
- Sign-up for and complete either the Wineglass or Empire State Marathon.
- Sign-up and complete a Tough Mudder or similar obstacle race.
- Sign-up and PR in at least one Half-Marathon.
- Complete at least one unassisted pull-up.
- Run faster/more frequently (aim to triple mileage).
- Complete 1 round of p90x3.
- Sign-up for and complete a few 5k races.
- Eat cleaner! I struggle with this one and often fall off into old habits.
- Start biking during the warm months.
- Sign-up for the 100 mile Ride for Life
- Lose the weight/lose inches–ideal weight=150lbs, size 6/8
- Sleep more!
- Blog more about fitness! (not really a fit goal, but related–I’d like to make sure to keep you updated on my progress and struggles)
There you have it! I’m so ready to bust through these goals! What are your fit goals for 2014? Are you setting big goals or small goals?